Monday, February 11, 2013

Mission Trip - Belize C.A. 2013 - Kendra Ward

     This last month my school went on a mission trip to Belize C.A. It was AMAZING!!! They have the best pineapple you will ever taste and this amazing fruit called Sour Sop. They also have star fruit and these adorable bananas called apple bananas. It was weird I actually liked the apple bananas. Usually I hate bananas but these were like amazing! If you ever go to Belize you have to try them! Oh and there is this Ice Cream shop called Cayo Twist that is the bomb! It's vegan Ice Cream but I like it even better than real. I could totally be vegan if I llived in Belize!

    The main reason my school went to Belize on a Mission Trip was so we could built twenty-two one day churches. We only were able to build nine of those though because the people that where supposed to go before us and put stakes in didn't end up finishing them all. Building churches in the hot humid bug filled Belizean air is surprisingly fun. You get the joy of knowing you are helping someone be able to worship God in the rain and extreme heat. Even though we thought it got hot when we were in Belize to them that was their winter. At one of the church work sites it was extremely hot and there was no shade except for a little tiny tree. I now know how appreciative Noah was for his little tree. Anyways, so as we were baking in the sun some locals brought a tent type covering and abunch of chairs and cold juice. They even brought us lunch and we had the most amazing beans, rice, Chicken (for those who ate meat) and veggie-meat. I think this was my favorite work site because the people were so appreciative, willing to help, and kind.

    While in Belize we visited Mayan ruins, the Belize Zoo, and we got to go to Caye Caulker to snorkel. You have to ridew in a boat to get to Caye Caulker and once you get there you take a little boat out and then a guide shows you around the coral reefs. I got to touch a sting ray and a nurse shark! It was one of the most amazing experiences ever. We got to see a bunch of amazing little fish and even a Moray Eel.

     If I ever get a chance I will go back to Belize in a second. If you ever get the chance of going there don't pass it up! You will never regret going there! Belize was filled with lots of good fruit, and good memories.

 -Kendra Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment